Who is IIE MSA and IIE Varsity College?
Varsity College, a brand of The IIE, leads in the provision of these exciting learning initiatives of the IIE.
The IIE is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education provider, has more than 57 qualifications accredited by the Higher Education Quality Committee and is a subsidiary of ADvTECH Ltd, a public company listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
This scale and status assure our leading position in higher education.
IIE MSA, formerly known as Monash South Africa, was founded in 2001 by Monash University.
Following the acquisition of Monash South Africa by the ADvTECH Group in April 2019, IIE MSA is now part of The Independent Institution of Education (The IIE), a leader in the higher education sphere.
The IIE MSA is located on a 100-hectare campus in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, in the province of Gauteng.
In addition to domestic (South African) students, the IIE MSA is home to diverse cultures of students from different African countries.
What was the problem?
Aside from the Covid pandemic instigating a need for more video interviews, the IIE Varsity College and IIE MSA required a tool to sharpen their interview process.
The IIE Varsity College operates nationwide and finding a culture fit through a resume can be extremely challenging.
How did they try to solve it?
Every advertised vacancy brings an onslaught of CVs. Shifting through volumes of applications is time consuming, and analysing culture fit through a CV is near impossible.
Hiring teams spent hours interviewing candidates that appeared great on paper but lacked the necessary skills for the job.
Prior to partnering with VideoCV, the IIE Varsity College and IIE MSA would spend two weeks interviewing candidates to assess the culture, social and personality fit of the job.
How did VideoCV help?
- The IIE Varsity College and IIE MSA utilize the VideoCV's screening tools to assess culture and personality fit before inviting candidates to the next step in the interview process.
- Everything is organized from a central, functional hub. It is easy to set up, organize and manage the process.
- Greatly reduces the number of face-to-face interviews and interview time.
Extra juicy benefits discovered while using VideoCV
- This gives the hiring team a chance to widen the scope and assess the candidate, as well as their achievements as per the resume.
- The hiring team can jot down notes about each candidate, and help formulate in-depth interview questions.
- No new employee is perfect, and the video element allows HR to prepare for training the new employee in a way that boosts both the new hire and the company.
The results speak for themselves
Any issues that came up?
While 35 candidates opened the invitation to the next round using VideoCV, 7 candidates did not upload their response videos.
But the hiring team quickly saw this as a positive tool to weed out candidates that were not committed or motivated to land the position.
Many powerful systems are complex. Varsity College was concerned VideoCV would be a complex system that was difficult to learn and manage.
From the very start, the team realised how easy the platform is to use, and how astoundingly straightforward VideoCV is.
VideoCV's simplicity sets it apart, and this simplicity is echoed throughout the process to find the most eligible candidate in a fraction of the time and a slither of the cost.